Cut Where You've Never Cut Before
- With the Degelman SidearmŽ an operator can cut where it's never been possible to cut before - safely. The operator can stay on the highway and position the cutter 50 degrees on either side of the road. Cut from the right, the left or straight back.
- The SidearmŽ completely eliminates the fear of tractor rollovers when encountering steep embankments because it allows the tractor to stay on the road - level and safe - while operating.
The Sidearm Advantage
- In-line drive train... heavy-duty hitch... wide open shielding... all the components we put into the SidearmŽ are unequalled in design and quality. The result is a tool that maximizes the control the operator has over cutting ditches while minimizing the stress and danger associated with challenging angles and hard-to-get to places.
Wide Open Access
- Operators access components without tools in seconds making routine maintenance easy. Wide open shielding has two doors that swing open at least 180° and is around all input and output shafts.
- Quickly connects to any 10, 15 or 20 foot delta wing cutter with a simple adapter plate.
Drive Straight. Straight Drive.
- To increase the life of the SidearmŽ even more, all our drive shafts are in-line to each other. This design feature significantly reduces wear and tear of the components and ensures a direct transfer of power without wearing drive train components. As the cutter is always directly in-line with the Sidearm's output shaft, the life expectancy of the input drive of the cutter is extended exponentially. This increases the versatility of the equipment and keeps everything straight no matter what direction the unit is going in. The two vertical cross-joints also absorb any misalignment or deviation from 90 degrees. These extras mean the SidearmŽ goes farther, lasts longer and can take on practically anything put in its path.
Tight Turning Radius
- Radical tight turning radius with in-line feature. Cut to the right of signs and power poles saving time and money from secondary cuts and passes.
- A fast-steering mechanism gives the entire unit a secure, safe and quick response to turns.
A Better Cut
- When the tractor's on the road, it's not pressing down the grass making it harder to lift and cut. Using the SidearmŽ means all the grass is cut evenly without patches or strips.
Reduced Operator Fatigue
- Drive level and smooth. By being straight on the road and out of the ditch, the operator also benefits from increased visibility and full command over the cutter.
Stay Hooked Up
- With the SidearmŽ there's no need to unhook to move from mowing offset to straight. It can remain hooked up as the SidearmŽ can cut straight behind the tractor or from side to side easily.
- The SidearmŽ is equipped with a standard, heavy-duty V-clamp compatible to more than 30 different makes and models of tractor drawbars.
- Quick disconnect features are standard throughout the SidearmŽ including a quick disconnect coupler in between the gearboxes. We include three sets of hoses that can be adapted easily to a four-hose arrangement if needed. And switching from one wing to the other can be done at the touch of a switch.
Back Up With Ease
- Signs...fence posts...culverts...if operators find themselves in a tight spot, the SidearmŽ gives them the maneuverability to back up easily and get out quickly.
- All driveline bearings and cross-joints are easy to service. Drivelines are in-line and designed for handling misalignment and therefore require less servicing. Parts are easily replaceable such as spindles that can be removed with just one bolt. The frame swivel points and wheel axle are sandwiched between two layers of low wear composite for smooth operation and easy maintenance.
- It's made up of quarter-inch steel and 8 x 12 in. hollow-structural tubing. It's big. It's wide. And it's strong.
Reduce Tractor Maintenance
- Long-term off-level operation is hard on a tractor's transmission and engine lubrication. By remaining level and out of the ditch, tractors last longer. Less vibration. Less damaged tires and rims.
High Carbon Shafting
- We use cold-rolled, high carbon hex shafting for maximum torque transmission. To increase the ease of maintenance, we designed the shafting and the bearings as one sub-assembly. That means they're both contained in the same tray. If long term servicing is required, the entire bearing tray can be pulled out.
High Horsepower Gearboxes
- Our gearboxes are made right here in Canada using a splined shaft design versus a keyway. The splined shaft increases the surface area of all contact points for increased strength, power transfer and life expectancy. To go even further, we use gearboxes with a 1:1 ratio - the maximum strength that can be extracted from a gearbox.